Sunday, December 1, 2013

The new sunshade is up

We picked up a sunshade at the Flea Market but it was too large, so the next day we took it to his shop and exchanged it for a different size.

The Flea Market is amazing, you can find just about anything you want to buy from small hardware parts to cars.  I think you might be able to pick up a kidney or a lung, but we haven't found those booths.

So, the odd pieces that we were using that involved a series of hooks and clips and lots of frustration are now replaced with a one piece of fabric that slides into the slot on the awning.



It is so much easier to handle, takes up less space and looks much nicer.

The table was placed over the tunnel of love which provides a little extra shade as well as serves two functions at once...always a plus when living in an RV.



It provides an inviting living room area for our whole little family to use outside.

Long Live the Queen of Shady Deals

4 comments:

  1. Okay, the one thing you missed (or maybe I missed if you said it before) is what you have down on the ground that this cozy litte outdoor living room is sitting on (all except for the cat tent, I might add ... they are out in the sun which is probably just as they would like it ... you're a good Mom). It has interesting designs, but must be sturdy enough for you to walk on, but flexible enough for you to fold up and put away ... I am curious :)

    Right Brain and I used to go to a Flea Market up here. It was once a month at the county fair grounds in Dupage County. Like you said, there was a little bit of everything and you probably could have found body parts in a jar if you were looking for them, but no tranplantable parts. We used to antique there which is why today we have tons of "stuff". My New Years resolution is going to be to sell a bunch of our stuff ... just have to figure out how to do it. I wish our economy would get back on track so we could recover the value of our good stuff. `I think I would rather give it away than sell if for less than it is worth and let that person hold on to it until it is worth something again ... I guess I must be weird that way. So that covers it for now Queen of a Weird Friend ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very nice set up there! Your posts are interesting, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen of Shady Deals: You are my Queen of Delightedness. That is not an actual word to use when playing scrabble, but you are definitely delightful. pond lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your new shade screen is wonderful. The first thing I do when I get to Florida is to set off to one of the local flea markets. I just love flea markets. There is a huge one in Osceola that hubby and I used to go to when I could do more walking. Ah well, I can still do the smaller ones. I hope your weather is much better than ours. It's raining here. I can't wait till vacation time!! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete