Monday, July 16, 2012

Drink water!

buzzing around all day just like this bee

While trying to beat the heat recently we went to Bunker Beach to play on the waterslides, float along the lazy river and ride the wave pool.

I had a blast running around with my grandkids like a ninny and doing it all. 



Only they had the sense to drink water throughout the day....I did not.

I never felt hot, being in the water all the time.  Until the end of the day.  My head started to hurt and I was very dizzy and starting to feel nauseous.

needed to stay cool and moist like these guys instead!
I quickly downed a bottle of water with vitamins and electrolytes (nasty tasting stuff if you ask me) and we put the AC on in the car on the way home.  After laying down until the room stopped spinning and it appeared I would keep my lunch down things got better.

I've not had a reaction like that in a long time.  So....if you're old (and even if you're not) keep yourself hydrated during these hot spells!

Long Live the Dried Up Old Queen

1 comment:

  1. You're not a dried up old queen! You were just having so much fun that you forgot to drink your water. We all do it. I do drink a lot of water though. My hubby got me in that habit some years ago. Your photos are great. I love the mushroom one. I must find the photos that I took of my mushroom fairy village. Since I took the photos, the little village has disappeared. Must be the yard critters at work. lol. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete