Saturday, November 7, 2015

We're having a heat wave...

I had hoped to get over to the courts again this morning to play, but there were not enough people there to get a game going.  We did some practice shots, but with the heat and humidity I decided to give up and head back to the RV and AC.

Trying to breathe the air is like inhaling through a wet sponge.  You can feel the air part as your body slices through the humidity.  Think of it as Florida's version of waterboarding.

So, instead I will post some photos from our last stay and the journey to Okeechobee.

While at the previous campground we had a regular visitor, a feral black cat that I named Charlie for the week we were there.  You can tell he's feral by the telltale notching of one ear, letting people know he's already been neutered and released back into the wild.  Yes, I named him and took over his food and water requirements during our stay...it's what crazy cat people do.




One of our other visitors were the sandhill cranes that enjoyed walking through the park.



On our drive south we were stuck behind this bimbo.



I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw that our exit was for Yeehaw Junction.  I had visions of landing somewhere like the set of Hee Haw.
  

The park here is beautiful and as soon as I can brave the elements, there will be photos.

Long Live the Hot and Sweaty Queen

4 comments:

  1. Just remember to have a toothpick hangin' from yer mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just have drizzle and grey skies - day after day after day. At least the temps are pleasant. We leave for Florida next Sunday. Guess the jeans will be packed and I'll pull out the shorts again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do be careful and stay away from the areas that are flooding. I love the photos of Charlie and the crane. I did not know that the cats ears are notched when they are spayed/neutered. I don't know if I like this idea. Well, at least I'm so glad to know that you fed this handsome kitty while you were there. Here's hoping you won't have to be hot and sweaty for too long. You have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great travel post. I wish Charlie could tell his tales of travel, too. And then Mr. Crane could tell his.

    ReplyDelete