Wednesday, November 4, 2015

New Quilting toys for the Queen

I spent much of October trying out several of my previous pattern purchases and having a blast.  This is what happens when there's no pickleball to be had.


I've been using a small combination of cutting surface and ironing pad for quite a while now, but was yearning for a larger pressing surface.

During my last visit to JoAnne's I spied this beauty and it's perfect!  It's larger than what I had before, but still fits on the kitchen counter where I use it for pressing fabric during my sewing days.



My other new toy is the 60 degree ruler and it's used to make a twisty turny pattern.  The only fabric I had that had any kind of stripe effect was this that looks like old fashioned rulers.



It wasn't the best choice for this pattern, but I was dying to try it out, so here is the result of my efforts.  I've ordered a larger ruler so I can make bigger projects with it.  As soon as I get some fabric with a truer striped pattern, the results will be much more vivid.





Long Live the Queen of Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is quite interesting. I never heard of such a ruler. Gosh, you find the funnest things! Have fun with it. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete