It looks very complicated but it's simply a series of 60 degree triangles. There were other variations on this theme shown on the back, so instead of purchasing the additional patterns I figured I'd just work it out myself....this isn't rocket science.
My first attempt was using the only somewhat "striped" fabric I had, which really wasn't well suited for the project, but I just had to jump right in and try my hand at it.
This is the result of that first attempt before it was quilted.
Then I found a tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt website (my favorite source for learning something new) and discovered how to add a small flange to the binding that looks like narrow piping has been added.
The advantage to this is it allows you to machine sew the binding in place very easily and I love the effect it creates, setting off the project.
This is the small runner after attaching the binding in this method.
|This is the reverse side...fell in love with this funky silverware.|
Now, if you'll excuse me...I have more sewing to do!
Long Live the Queen of Quilting