Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Golden Village Palm RV Resort

We arrived on Monday and spent the afternoon getting settled in.  My plan was to wake up early on Tuesday, have a leisurely breakfast and then check out the pickleball courts.


I was sleeping hard and at 8:30 heard the distinctive "plink plink plink" of the pickleballs.  Left Brain said he was amazed that I could go from sound asleep snoring to leaping out of bed to go play.  I skipped breakfast since I was afraid I'd miss out.  At Jojoba Hills the play ended about 10:00 due to the heat.


There was no worry, it's been overcast and the play can continue most of the day.  After two and half hours of fun I headed back home.  


Later on we headed out to find some information on the area and have lunch. The Chamber of Commerce was officially closed for Veterans Day, but the lady was there and gave me a map of Hemet so we could find our way around.


Then we stopped at Marie Callenders for lunch.  We each opted for the pot pies, he had chicken and I had Shepherds  pie.  These came with a side salad and a piece of pie.  Incredible food and since we are guests at the Golden Village Palms we got 15% off our meals.  Great deal.

The cats have a fun new set up to explore and enjoy.

We drove around a bit and stopped at Walmart to pick up some prescriptions and groceries.  After unloading the food I went over to the pool area in search of a hot tub.  They have three pools and two hot tubs.  The nice hot soak felt good on my achy legs.

Wednesday I woke, had breakfast (even though I knew they were playing since I can see the courts from my window), and then went to play for a couple of hours.  Being able to play every day is such a blessing and I need to remind myself that I can play shorter times more often and not have to kill myself by overdoing it.

After lunch I sat and read for a bit and pretty soon George and I were snuggled up and napping in my recliner.  When I came to again I stripped the beds, gathered all the laundry and got caught up on some chores.  I want to be ready to play again tomorrow and do some more exploring in the afternoon.

There's so much to see and do here, I really feel like I'm on vacation!  This is going to be a fun two months and I want to savor each and every day.  Unfortunately I've been lax with my blogging and photography since I'm having too much fun.

Long Live the Queen of Hemet CA

6 comments:

  1. I was thinking of taking a day off myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I found your blog. I have always want to RV and you are giving me glimpses to what the lifestyle is like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a very pretty place. I notice that the kitty tunnels have doubled in size. What lucky kitty kats! Enjoy your stay here. I'm looking forward to lots of great photos. You have a marvelous day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like a GREAT set-up! how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you'll have a very fun couple of months and you won't get kicked out of your site.... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are in Pickleball heaven! Just enjoy it! Blogging can be done when you have time and want to do it! The important thing is to enjoy yourself now. Hug.

    ReplyDelete