Friday, June 28, 2013

Photoshop Friday - bump

I've been working at trying to use motion blurs to enhance some photos.  Isn't that a kick in the pants that you work so hard to capture the precise moment and then add blur to it?

Anyway...I digress.  This is my youngest granddaughter playing soccer.  I liked the image of the two bodies coming together at a pivotal point of the game.  This is the original photo.



But then I thought it might look even better with a radial blur applied to the point of impact.


Then I redid it one more time to keep the center area in focus while blurring the rest of the background.



Does that add more drama to it?  Opinions and critiques are welcome!

Long Live the Queen of Blurry photos

4 comments:

  1. OK I will be brave and say that I like the original. The others make me DIZZY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that definitely made a difference! It did indeed bring action and excitement to the photo. I loved the last one, the middle one was "spinning" a bit! By doing this you put all the emphasis on what was happening, no way for your mind to wander to what the sideline folks were wondering or doing. Great fun, keep playing with it, show us more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was cool! You are really having fun with this kind of photography.
    I need your email address, when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it seems strange to add blur to a great shot. However, the last image showed lots of action. You do a great job of freezing the action and getting a nice clear photo. I'll have to take more photos of people. Now I'm off to catch up with the next post. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete