Monday, June 24, 2013

Mandarin Orange Monday - Bonus post

Today's post is very special to me as it showcases the talents of a friend of mine who makes the most inspired cakes.  I thought I had posted this before, but found it in my draft files so today there will be Mandarin Orange posts.

Say cheese!

When she and her husband were invited to supper before we left the La Crosse area she told me that she would bring cheesecake for dessert.  So I cleaned up some blueberries and strawberries for a topping.

When she arrived, this is the cheesecake that was presented!

It was delightfully orange inside and out!  It was orange flavored with orange marmalade for the filling and used freshly squeezed orange juice for the liquid in the recipe.

The tiny mice were very tasty.  Now I know why cats hunt them!  My favorite were the little mouse turds, but that's just me.

Long Live the Queen of Cheesecake

2 comments:

  1. Well I have read this before... so you did post it ... Did you see her golf's groom cake ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete