Monday, December 24, 2012

It's a wonderful life

It's harder to get into the Christmas spirit here in Arizona, maybe it's due to the lack of snow.  Maybe it's because I'm Jewish, who knows.

I had a nostalgic throwback at the grocery store yesterday when I saw the lefse.  "Look!" I shouted to Left Brain. "Now I know it's Christmas for sure, because they always had lefse during the holidays back in Wisconsin also."

He very calmly glanced at it, read the label and informed me it was not lefse...it was tortillas.  Oh well.

On our walk I saw this little gem and just had to take a photo of it.  Yup.  Nothing screams "Merry Christmas" like a fat white guy gazing down on the baby Jesus.

Unless it's a fat white Jewish woman doing the same thing. 




I'm sure we had lots of people cruising past in their golf carts wondering what I was doing in the nativity scene.

This one was my favorite as I recalled the song about a surry with the fringe on top.

Long Live the Queen of Frankenstein and Manure, or something like that


 

No comments:

Post a Comment