Monday, December 17, 2012

It DOES rain in Arizona!

I thought I would never see rain again, but lo and behold the heavens opened up and it came down ...and down.. and down.  It felt good to hear it on the roof and we sure needed it around here.

The skies got dark and the wind picked up and then it turned cold.  From what I understand we are now in the "official" winter season.

But it's not snow and putting on a pair of sweats is kind of comfy anyway.

It was the perfect night to make my new favorite pizza:  pepperoni, jalepeno and pineapple.  The Divine Miss M introduced me to this and it's all I want anymore.  Luckily you can get this in the south without any problems.


The cooler weather is also good for sewing and I've been busy on creating more storage room.  I read in a Motorhome magazine that if you take an over the door canvas shoe holder and cut them apart you can create storage for on the side of the bed.




The platform for the bed extends about 4" on both sides so that was another 4" I had missed!  So I chopped them up and added some duck (type of fabric) to the top so I had more space to attach them to the bed.

The instructions had some kind of overly involved system with attaching grommets, cording and screws...I opted to use double stick velcro instead because, well...I'm lazy.

It's been fun doing some work with the machine and I have a couple of other projects I'll share when they are finished.

Long Live the Queen of Rainy Cold Weather

1 comment:

  1. It's good that the rain finally came. Arizona was a favorite place for my aunt and uncle (gone now).

    I love the photo with the palm trees. (that is what they are, right?) The pizza looks really good except for the hot peppers. I don't like spicy food.

    I also like the idea for the extra storage. This could be used other ways too. Thanks for the idea. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete