Tuesday, April 7, 2015

More Fun with Roadtrippers

I am having way too much fun with this new toy.  It serves as both a trip planner and a virtual scrapbook of your past travels.

Now that my trip planning is completed for this season,  I played around with setting up some new collections.

One I named "Places We Loved Visiting" and I've entered as much as I can remember of where we've been.  It is world wide, but for purposes of showing you now I'm only using the US.  The photo bar comes up automatically with images of each place.  You can use your own photos if desired.



Another collection I named "Eating My Way Across the USA" and features some of our favorite dining experiences.  I know I'm missing a lot of these, but I'll keep adding to it. These are listed alphabetically. Marti...this would be so perfect for your culinary finds.


Then there's the "Bucket List"...those places I've yet to explore and want to add to future planning.  I don't have many listed yet because we've been so many places already, but as I learn of them, I'll add them here.



Finally, I wanted to see what our 2014/2015 season looked like from start to finish.  I don't have it totally complete yet, but this shows the overall path.  Eventually I'll add all our campgrounds and places we've toured for a complete summary.  



When we depart next year from Minnesota I'll do it as we go and have a nice remembrance and the ability to share it with a fellow traveler.  This way I can add notes about the campgrounds, what was good or bad, the cost, any discounts offered and that type of thing. I should be able to embed my blog links to it for more stories and photos of that particular stay.

I always do an RV Park Review when leaving and could refer to that as well, but this will be a fun way to capture the information.

I can't tell you how much I'm loving this tool, but I think you get the picture.  It sure beats looking through books to find destinations and then another source for campgrounds and yet more searching for dining.  I like simple!

Long Live the Road Tripping Queen

2 comments:

  1. Well, there are all kinds of trippers...at least you are having fun! That is a good thing. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed with your new toy!! It sounds like a really great program. I think its a fabulous way to plan and document a trip. Printed out, each new adventure would make a great page for your book. (you know, the one you'd be great at writing) Have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete