Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Still rolling on

Well, today I did something I haven't done in ages and didn't intend to ever do again. 

I went roller skating.

We took the grandkids there after having some lunch and I had planned to read my Kindle while they worked off some energy, but it looked like so much fun I had to give it a whirl.

I grew up skating, but our rink was a much smaller structure that began life as a cow barn.  Skating seemed as normal as breathing and thank goodness for muscle memory today.

The adventure started out by hugging the walls for the first three trips around the rink and my legs were screaming!  But as I started to gain confidence and leave the comfort of the wall it got easier and my legs stopped hurting.

As badly as I wanted to go into the fancy moves of my youth I did remind myself that just being on wheels without breaking anything would be enough for now.

They did honor requests for music but I didn't figure they had Waltzing Matilda anyway, so I never asked.  No doubt it would have been a rap version of it anyway.

So, now that I know I can still roller skate I feel more confident for testing out the Segways on Saturday. 

I guess this sums up my new life....everything is on wheels. 
Long Live the Rolling Queen

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Sounds like you made some great memories today with your grandkids..what your "new life" is about, right? Taking chances and living easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, for you for going roller skating. I would love to try it again, but I don't think I could stay up long enough to get around the floor once. Wow, such wonderful memories the roller skating days brings. I'm curious how you make out on the segway. My kids say it's easy, but I don't know. (They're also twenty years younger than me!) Keep up the great fun, and have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete