Thursday, August 16, 2012

Time is flying!

I was so restless before, wanting to "get on with it" and start this new RV life.  To me that meant moving from one spot to another, but I think I missed the mark.  From the first night we slept in our motorhome we were already "getting on with it".

My focus had been so much on getting to the rally and taking care of changing our residency that I was missing the joy of the journey.  This is not how I want to be.  I want to savor each day fully and take it as it comes with no eye on the finish line.

As it occurred to me that our time with the kids was coming to an end I want to rewind and go back and be more patient.  When will I ever learn this lesson?  Will I ever learn it?

Now we are on the next leg of our journey and visiting our friends the Charbonneau's right now, who thankfully have internet service out in the middle of the boonies.  We may have to look into Hughes.net to see if that might be the service we want to sign up with.

Well, we gotta get going now - there's a Wal-Mart in Ashland!

Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about learning to be more patient. I have to practice this too. Life is so short, and rewinds don't usually happen. Isn't it amazing how Walmart can look so good! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete