Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Kitchen necessities

Now that I'm baking our own bread and making gluten free everything, I decided I needed better tools.  Thank goodness for online shopping and Amazon making it so easy to indulge in these endeavors. 

After holding the hand mixer for long periods of time to mix the batter for our bread, I decided enough was enough and ordered a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.  I thought about getting the yellow one, but since I don't know what our future decor might look like I opted for silver.  It is a joy to dump in my ingredients and walk away while I let it mix and stir for the six minutes required.



I opted for this Artisan Series because the bowl has a handle on it and a nice deep bowl that is narrow at the bottom.  The mixing attachments get to the sides with no problem.   It also came with the pour in splash guard.  This makes it a snap to have it mix the dry ingredients and then pour in the liquid portion.

I no sooner had cleared a space for it than I started to order accessories for it.  Now I have a cool attachment that slices and grates.



My other toy is the spiralizer.  Yeah, I know...I purchased the other one that has a manual crank, but I figured this will take up even less space and should be easier to use.  Supposedly it will core, peel and spiralize all at the same time.

Long Live the Queen of the Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get mine out of storage! Saw the box today and almost tore it open. The fresh pasta attachment is fun, but a bunch of work. I kept that for some day when I am feeling uber domestic. Got rid of the sausage stuffer and ice cream attachments, though. Found I never used them. The spiralizer looks like a good purchase, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new toys. They look like lots of fun. If I had folks to cook for, I might be tempted. Today we are enjoying some much needed rain. Oh my, my grass and plants are singing away joyfully today. Actually, me too. Pogo and I are going to sit out on the porch now and enjoy this beautiful rain. You have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete