Sunday, July 6, 2014

Photo remakes

There was a time I couldn't be disconnected from my computer for any long periods of time.  Now I find I can go for a couple of days without ever turning it on.  So, I've been missing from the blog-o-sphere for a while, but now I'm back.

It's been hot, humid, muggy, steamy, whatever you want to call it and my energy level has dissipated with the heat.  But it's time to catch up with my blog reading and Facebook.

Facebook provides a lot of great photos to play with and it's hard to chose what to do first.

A friend of mine has this beautiful little daughter that looks just like her and recently she posted these photos of her on Facebook.



It was hard to mess with this image as it felt perfect as it was, but I decided to try removing the balloon and just focusing on that sweet little face.




The second image has her sitting in the woods and looking very pensive.  

I wanted to flip her to be facing into the wooded area so I made a couple of tweaks. 

The first image I added a dry brush filter and I "pinked up" the dress a little.




Then I wanted to see what the sponge filter might do.



This is the poster edges.





The Long Live the Life Altering Queen

5 comments:

  1. Your friend's daughter is beautiful. You did a great job of editing. When are you going to start the photo play thing again? It's hot and muggy here too. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a photo tomorrow to resume our play. I'd kind of forgotten about it, but since there is decent internet here, I should play while I'm able to. Thank you for the reminder.

      Delete
  2. The closeuo reminds me of vermeers girl with the pearl earring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my artist friend! I knew it reminded me of something, but couldn't recall what painting it was. I'll have to try and find it and see the comparison.

      Delete
  3. You have a great eye and creative hand. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete