Friday, July 25, 2014

Patience has its rewards

We took Emily and her friend, Lucy, to their Improv class in the nearby town of Osseo yesterday and found the doors locked.

Since we were a bit early the girls walked across the street to check out the garage sale going on.  Emily scored with the perfect shirt for the Harry Potter fan that she is...a Hogwarts shirt!





Not only the perfect shirt for her but it was a great fit as well.


Since we were near the Osseo water tower that I've admired, I snapped a photo of it as well to add to my collection.

They finally were able to enter for their class and we all departed with something unexpected.

Andrea kindly reminded me that if was Friday...like in Photoshop Friday.  Ooops.  It's been a crazy week with planting and painting at the house and I lost track of time.  My rendition has not even been started yet, so this will be shelved until next Friday.

I also forgot to submit my photo to my friend Karen's blog...again.  Who would have known that being retired could be so exhausting?

Long Live the Queen of Serendipity

4 comments:

  1. Well, at least you are spending your time with good purpose. I love Emily's dimples .... what a pretty young lady and improv? Pretty smart and talented too, I'm guessing. I shall not complain that you missed PSF for I am well aware of the retirement syndrome ... when you are free to chose what you want to do, there are suddenly too many choices and even if you are picky, you are busy ... too busy. But, isn't it wonderful? I have been chasing my tail for weeks and am still in a state of overwhelmed. The State changed my daughters disability insurance and the problems are insurmountable ... I keep calling her "care coordinator" and she doesn't return my calls as the crazy letters from the insurance company keep piling up on my desk. Clearly this "care coordinator" forgot about the "care" part. So I will have a break next week since you already have my entry. Love your water tower ... an old fashion one at that. You be well, Queen of busy and keep in touch ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shared your reply with Emily and she wanted me to thank you for your lovely compliment. Yes, she is very special - beautiful and talented, smart and brave with a budding sense of adventure to travel far and wide. It's been so fun to watch this young blossom expanding.

      Delete
  2. As long as you are having fun, enjoying yourself and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree about this "busy retirement" syndrome. I'm not sure what I accomplish every day, but I sure am busy doing it!! Your granddaughter is beautiful. And, I love her T-shirt. What a fabulous find. My hubby and I used to go yard sailing every weekend. I miss that. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete