Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Go-Pro camera

One of more recent purchases has been a Go Pro camera.  This is the tiniest thing I've ever seen but it has a boatload of options.

My favorite is the video recorder and we purchased the headgear for it to wear it on my forehead during events.  

I confess I do feel like I'm wearing tefillin and should have a prayer shawl over my shoulders but it's getting better.



It seemed a natural way to go since I sleep in a contraption wrapped around my head all night.  

I figured I might as well strap a camera to my forehead in the daytime.


Left Brain has been working on coordinating the phones and tablet with the Wi-Fi on the camera.  Yup, it's got it's own Wi-Fi and you can watch whatever it sees on your laptop or phone.  Perhaps we can use it a nanny cam and see what the cats do when we're not watching.  On second thought...I really don't want to know.

It has a fish eye lens so takes in a lot of action.  It can function as a camera as well, but since I have a good camera already it's the video that fascinates me.

I haven't been able to get their editing software to load, so purchased some cheap video editing software.

The best feature is that Left Brain's helicopter has an attachment for this camera so he can video what the helicopter sees from afar.

It also has a waterproof case so can be used in the water.  I was trying to use this while swimming with the manatees but between my wanting to vomit and taking river water into my mouth I didn't accomplish very much that day.  The granddaughters had fun with it in the swimming pool when they came down over Christmas break.


Since much of our new lifestyle of being on the road brings many different sites our way, this just seemed like a cool way to add to the enrichment of our experience.

Long Live the Queen of the Spy Camera

4 comments:

  1. your description of swimming with the manatees made me laugh - that would SO be me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen these cameras used for bike riding which is what I would expect you to be using it for now that you are riding all over the state of Florida. That way you can come home and look at the scenery you missed by having to keep your eye on the road. I love toys like that ... I once bought one that I hooked to Izzi's collar ... the pictures were a riot. Most of them were just blurrs of motion, but others gave an interesting perspective on how the world looks from their point of view. I agree with TWG, your descripition of swinning with the Manatee's made me laugh too ... I'm not sure I would have been able to get in the water at all ... there are all kinds of snakes down there, right? Sounds to me like you are really living it up ... you will be happy to know that we actually reached 45 degrees today and everything was starting to melt. The thaw is going to be another issue ... lots of water with no place to go because the ground won't thaw as fast as the snow ... hmmmm. I guess when we are wishing for Spring, we should be careful what we wish for. Could be just another headache. I am still looking for the PSF picture ... do you think it got lost? You are the Queen of games, right? So I know you wouldn't have forgotten ... hmmmm :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to check out that camera. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that camera sounds like so much fun!! I can just picture in my mind you swimming with the manatees. You go girl! That's something I've never done. Not that I would anyway, I can't swim either. Our temps are going up for a few days too. It's going to feel sooooo good! I'm with Andrea. I did not find the new psf image either. hint hint. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete