Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pleasant living in Congress AZ

We had no aspirations as to what we would find in this SKP park in Congress AZ. 

Maybe that's the way to do it, have no expectations and you'll never be disappointed.

In our case we were pleasantly surprised.  The landscaping is beautiful as you can see from yesterday's blog post. 

And it keeps changing each day as more and more cactus begin to bloom.

I've always wanted to experience the desert in bloom and am so glad we stayed here to see this. 

I don't know why people run back to the Midwest so early only to deal with dirty snow and mud.

Imagine!  a cactus named after Left Brain!
They have lots of activities here and this morning I took in some line dancing.  It felt good to bootscoot my boogie again. 

Then Left Brain and I went into Wickenburg, about 15 miles from here to take in the town. 

We found an Ace Hardware to get a key made and some supplies for our towing bag. 

Then we had lunch at Anita's Cocina before driving around to see the rest of the town and head home. 



This is such a departure from Las Vegas with the constant sound of sirens and the never ending light.  How delightful to have the quiet nights and see the stars instead of neon flashing annoyances.

We like to sit in front of the RV in the early afternoon and read.  The air is perfumed with the sweet scent of orange blossoms, the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing and the birds are singing. 

It was so enjoyable I needed to turn off the book and go rest my eyes for a bit.

I've never been a napper before and I don't know as though I actually fall asleep or not, but it feels heavenly to just be able to sprawl out on the bed in the middle of the day and doze.

We'll enjoy a round of Pickleball this afternoon after our naps and then gird ourselves for another intense night of doing nothing. 

Long Live the Queen of Decadence

2 comments:

  1. what is pickle ball? how do you play it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be out in AZ. in a couple of weeks, annual at Mayo. I can't wait to see the cactus!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete