Thursday, December 1, 2011

New photoshop skills

One of the coolest things I've learned so far in my Photoshop class is how to make snow.  Much more fun on a computer screen than in the yard.  This snow I can remove with a touch of the hand...no heavy shoveling required.


The photo above is of one of the round barns of Vernon County with my very own woman made snow storm.  This is what the barn looked like before the snow.  It actually was a nicer day and there was a building nearby that I removed before putting the new sky in place.


Then I just got crazy and started to add textures - a lesson from our last class.  This is the barn with a chrome texture overlay.


It's a very subtle effect and gives it the appearance of hammered metal....very fun.


Then I tried taking the same photo and adding another photo of an old barn with peeling paint on it.  I just love to shoot old stuff and am fascinated with the rural decay all around us.


That's it for the barn and it's manipulations for tonight.  I can't wait to see what the next week's lessons begin!


Long Live the Queen of Texture

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your snow. All this time I 've been playing with Photoshop and I don't know how to make snow. I love your round barn too. There is a round (actually sort of octagon) house not far from where I work. Very interesting!

    Now I'm off to google how to make snow. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to be able to create miracles?

    ReplyDelete