Thursday, December 11, 2014

On the Cat Walk

Gracie loves going for a walk on her leash.  

Lately she's gotten to the point where if she sees her harness and leash coming off their hook she starts to meow and spin around.  How undignified for Princess Grace to act that way!

It's even gotten to the point where I can't say the word "walk"...we have to spell it or refer to it as a stroll.  She gets so wound up.


I'm not sure who's having more fun here.

She loves walking down here because every now and then she spots a chameleon darting up a tree and sprints after it.  Not wanting to climb the tree myself, I make it a point to stop her at chest height so I can retrieve her again.



George is learning to walk on the leash.  It's going slowly, as most things do for him.  But he's starting to get the hang of it and will prance along with his tail held high for about three to five feet before stopping.  Each time gets a little better.

The road surface here is awful on their paws and they come back from their (whisper)  w-a-l-k pretty dirty.  But with a squirt of waterless shampoo to get them started they are usually cleaned up in no time.


Wait Dad....I think I see something worth chasing here.

Yesterday I tried something new and put them (one at a time) in the bike basket to see how a short bike ride would go.  Didn't work out too bad.  George seems to like that much better...no thought process involved, just the breeze ruffling his fur as we glide through the park.  No photos attempted on this yet.

Long Live the Cat Walking Queen

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos of LB and Gracie. I had to chuckle a bit over your adventure at the restaurant (?). You are to be commended for your bravery and super attitude. I rather felt a bit sad for the poor woman trying to cook and run a bar all at the same time. But, like you, I would not go back for more.

    We are getting snow here today. I thought it was supposed to be more rain for today, but no matter. At least the snow won't flood my basement. I'm hoping you are not getting all that rain that we see on the news. Be safe, and have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need a covered basket with a screen vent for him to see out of on your bike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have screened-in trailers that attach to bikes for cats or dogs to ride in. They are like the ones some people use for babies or small children. And why not? These are our Kids, right? Have you looked into these? You could each take a FurKid on your bike rides. Double the fun!

    ReplyDelete