Thursday, July 4, 2013

What's for supper Wednesday - Scalloped Corn

My sister-in-law shared a recipe for scalloped corn last year and it has become one of my favorite to make and share.

At our little neighborhood potluck in Ham Lake I made this dish to pass and got lots of compliments and requests for the recipe.

So, this is what I am sharing with you today:





Scalloped Corn Dish  

½ stick butter
1 can whole kernel corn – drained
1 can cream style corn
1 egg beaten
A bit of finely chopped onion
¾ cup (one half of package) of Jiffy corn muffin mix
Salt & pepper

Mix together and pour into a lightly greased 9x9 pan 

Mix topping separately and put on corn mixture:
2 TBSP melted butter
1 tsp sugar
½ cup crushed crackers (Ritz) 

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes for 9x9 pan 

If doubling recipe, put in 9 x 13 pan and bake 40 -45 minutes 

Options:  sometimes I like to add chopped chilies or jalapenos to spice it up.
 
There you go- I hope you like it!
 
Long Live the Corny Queen Jester

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I'm going to pass this recipe on to my girls. They both love cooking new things. Enjoy this wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete