Thursday, July 4, 2013

What's for supper Wednesday - Scalloped Corn

My sister-in-law shared a recipe for scalloped corn last year and it has become one of my favorite to make and share.

At our little neighborhood potluck in Ham Lake I made this dish to pass and got lots of compliments and requests for the recipe.

So, this is what I am sharing with you today:





Scalloped Corn Dish  

½ stick butter
1 can whole kernel corn – drained
1 can cream style corn
1 egg beaten
A bit of finely chopped onion
¾ cup (one half of package) of Jiffy corn muffin mix
Salt & pepper

Mix together and pour into a lightly greased 9x9 pan 

Mix topping separately and put on corn mixture:
2 TBSP melted butter
1 tsp sugar
½ cup crushed crackers (Ritz) 

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes for 9x9 pan 

If doubling recipe, put in 9 x 13 pan and bake 40 -45 minutes 

Options:  sometimes I like to add chopped chilies or jalapenos to spice it up.
 
There you go- I hope you like it!
 
Long Live the Corny Queen Jester

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I'm going to pass this recipe on to my girls. They both love cooking new things. Enjoy this wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete