Friday, November 3, 2017

The Furniture Overhaul aka How to Diminish Your Bank Account

Wanting to make the house our own and not a compilation of stuff left by the previous owners, I set off on a mission of removing the old furniture and buying new things just for us.

In the Arizona room we now have three recliners and a small swivel club chair.  The two recliners are wall-aways and the reddish brown one was purchased from our neighbors.   My chairs always seem to have a blanket on them because I like to cover up when watching TV.  The bookcase provides storage for supplies for my massage table and sewing things.


I bought the TV console with a fireplace to match the bookcase I'd gotten earlier, and the new furniture seems to fit in very nicely.


In the main part of the house we have two gray recliners for conversation and watching TV in the dining room area.
  

I moved the old TV console with a fireplace into this room and it provides a nice area by the window for decorations and such.  This will be a cozy spot for reading when winter hits and I can snuggle under my blanket with the fire blazing.  We have a small portable fireplace on the deck.  Yes, we live in Arizona and have three fireplaces...it gets cold here!



We (meaning Left Brain) removed the last of the shiny gold fixtures and replaced it with this more vintage looking one I'd found.  



The photo below shows the old light fixture over the large table.


This is where the new table and chairs reside.  We both loved the big heavy oak table as it was a beautiful piece of furniture, but it was simply too large for our space.  The smaller table still allows for four people to sit comfortable and two more can be squeezed in with folding chairs if needed.





He also replaced the old fixture over the kitchen sink with this cute little glass pendant one to keep with the vintage look I'm going after.



The result of these changes is a much more spacious area to live in.

Long Live the Queen

2 comments:

  1. Now what? Are you doing massage again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your chickens!! Goodness, you have been busy. Everything looks so nice and cozy. I keep a blanket on my chair too. Of course, Pogo has blankets everywhere. There's nothing like a blanket to make a spot cozy. You folks have a super evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete