Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Ooops

The new stove is being thoroughly enjoyed, but has created a new problem.  Because the stove is slightly deeper than the old one, we were unable to open the kitchen drawers.  Sigh.
The old stove shown below only allowed about a one-eighth inch of clearance to open the drawers, so I didn't have much to work with.


Yes, I could have probably found another stove that had a smooth top that may have fit, but when I spied this induction stove with a convection oven I didn't care what size it was...I had to have it!  I love using induction cooking and already had all the special pans required.


Everything is a tight fit in our little abode, but I simply cannot give up this much storage space so a solution was needed.

Fortunately I am the creative one and Left Brain can accomplish almost any project I throw at him... so we make quite a team.  I get the idea and he gets the heavy work...works for me.

We (meaning him) ripped out the drawers and supports from the problem area so we could install the sliding drawer system purchased at Lowe's.  I saved the old cabinet doors from where I had removed some of them and luckily one of them was tall enough to work, but not wide enough.


So Left Brain added a piece of wood to the front of the cabinet to remedy that problem and how I have a usable space that is actually better than it was previously.

We liked it so much that we (again meaning him) installed an additional one in another cabinet.  Now my cooking tools are at my fingertips.  Does that mean I'm preparing more wonderful meals than before?  Not so much.


Long Live the Queen of Roomy Drawers

2 comments:

  1. Your new stove is gorgeous! I love your new cabinet ideas. Left Brain did a great job on the new cabinet. It's looking like a new kitchen. Enjoy it!!

    Our temps took quite a dip last night, all the way down into the low thirties. Brrr! I guess it's time to dig out the snuggies and sweats. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew problem solved. Gee, the only problem is now those pots and pans are accessible when you do need them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete