Friday, October 13, 2017

New kitchen toys

The remodeling continues and I've wanted to get rid of the old almond colored electric stove for ages. It works, but I really like the smooth top design I used to have.

When I initially looked for induction ranges all I could find were things in the $3000 range and well, let's face it...I don't do enough cooking to warrant that kind of money.

Just when I was ready to order a plain old smooth top electric range I stumbled upon a Frigidaire induction range for $800.  AND I had a 10% off coupon to use before October 31st.


I ordered it online and set up the delivery and was so excited when it arrived...but bummed out when it wouldn't run.  Drat!  It wasn't a problem with the range, it was our plug.  It appears that pulling out the old stove and moving this one in was just too much for the dear old thing and it gave up.

Luckily I am married to a Mr Fix It and Pete went to buy a new box and installed it himself.  Problem solved.

Now I'm a happy camper with my induction range and a convection oven.  Oh the things I can cook now!  Oh..wait, now I suppose I have to actually cook something.   Oh well, it looks lovely.

Long Live the Queen of the Range

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What a gorgeous stove! Cooking will be even more fun now on your new range. I didn't realize that they had induction ranges. I don't cook enough for one, but if I did, I'd love it. It's good to see things going well for you and Pete. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete