Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Change of furniture

Left Brain arrived safely on Saturday afternoon and one of the first things I did was drag him to the furniture stores on Sunday to test drive the couch and chairs I'd picked out.

He did not find the couch at all comfortable, and I have to admit I really didn't spend much time sitting on it, but was instead dazzled by it's wonderful features.

After further conversation we decided we really aren't "couch people" and opted to go with two recliners instead.  I liked the dark brown color better than the gray option so we ordered two of these for the Arizona room. 


So, we scrapped the couch and one red recliner, mainly because my friend Sandy wants to sell hers and it would be a lovely reddish brown color to add to my Arizona room.  That and Pete loved it so much when he tried it out we had to force him to leave it with her until they could find a new one.

I stayed with the gray recliners for the other sitting area.

The chairs will be delivered tomorrow, so our recliners and love seat that have been sold need to get hauled out today.

We also went to Lowe's to look at stoves but I couldn't make a decision so went home to research models and brands for a while since that can wait.

Long Live the Queen 

2 comments:

  1. The new furniture looks comfy. Nothing like new furniture and getting the house set up to help ensure a successful new start. Best wishes, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, starting out fresh with new furnishings does help to make a successful new start. I think you'll like the chairs even better. I liked the couch too, but I'm a chair person myself. Especially a comfy recliner chair! Happy shopping! You folks have an awesome weekend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete