Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Life is Toasty

We finally broke down and purchased an actual toaster. 


The Panini press did okay, but it just didn't seem as toasty as it should.

The first thing I do when buying a new electrical appliance is read the User Manual.  Am I that conscientious?  Nope, I do it more for the comedy value it provides.

It always amazes me at the stupid things people must have done to warrant such dire warnings.  But it was in the section on using the toaster for the first time that I found this little gem.

It has to do with the  manufacturing residue that needs to burn off and the directions went through step by step and all was well until I got to this part...and I quote:

"Start with the lowest setting and gradually increase  as the cream begins to thicken."  Huh?  Is this a combination toaster and mixer?

The manual never went into how to use the bagel, defrost or reheat settings....even online.  

Oh well...it makes good toast.

Long Live the Toasted Queen

2 comments:

  1. Toast is good. Instructions are often not so good. I am glad you guys are smart enough to figure things out. Please let me know how that cream thickening situation works out. I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you about the user manuals that come with products. Some are written for total idiots, some are written by idiots, and most of them don't cover all that is necessary for using the product. Ah well, at least we are lucky - we have smart brains. haha. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete