Saturday, December 12, 2015

Leaping Lizards Left Brain!

Left Brain came home from biking the other day all excited about the vast number of iguanas he'd spotted.  So, I decided to join him on his next excursion with my camera strapped to my body and ready to shoot.

There didn't seem to be any that day and I was accusing him of fabricating the story to make me bike with him.  I guess you could say we were suffering from a reptile dysfunction.  

But just when I was about to give up we spotted our first one.




Left Brain is wicked good at spotting these creatures and would motion me to stop far in advance of approaching them. As you can see, they blend into their surroundings quite nicely.




After a while I got to where I could kind of see them, but no where near his level.



It was a nice day, we didn't get rained on and saw some cool iguanas.



Long Live the Queen of Reptiles

3 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. There are so many species of reptile down there in Florida. You never know what you might see! Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what super photos!! I've never come across any of these all the years I've been going to Florida. Guess I just wasn't in the right places. They are awesome critters. Do you suppose they are descendant of dragons? I'm off to decorate my tree. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you overcame any dysfunctions.pond lois

    ReplyDelete