Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dolphins Plus

Our visit was nearing its end and it was time for the big event....swimming with the dolphins.  We stopped for lunch at Buzzards Roost and then went to prepare for our adventure.

The girls got to go first when the dolphins were at their friskiest and I've never seen such big smiles.

They got to go through several moves with these beautiful creatures, such as giving them belly rubs...the dolphins that is.



 They got to be pulled through the water on the belly of the dolphins.



Pulled by two dolphins at once by hanging on to their fins.  Did someone call for Dolphin Towing?




Kissed by a dolphin....I think it was love at first sight.





 And pushed through the water by their feet.


One of the tricks was to hold a pole for the dolphins to leap over.


They got to shake hands with them.




Then there was the splash fight...the dolphins won, fins down.


I'm not sure who was having more fun, the girls or the four of us watching them.

After the girls showered and dressed we went to the sister facility on the bayside to see the baby dolphin.  She was swimming around with her mother in this photo.


It was a great day, followed by ice cream, of course.  The diet begins January 1st.


Long Live the Queen

3 comments:

  1. I have swam (SWUM?) with the dolphins twice and I do believe it's a religious experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Critters never cease to amaze me.
    And I never knew dolphins had feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what fabulous photos!! My goodness what wonderful memories for your granddaughters! The dolphins are just awesome. I imagine the girls will be talking about this outing for quite a long time.

    Pogo and I wish you and your family (and Gracie and George too) a very Happy New Year filled with peace and happiness. Big hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete