Friday, July 10, 2015

Walker Art Center

It was once again time to take the grandkids for the day, so I did some research and came up with game plan.

Our first stop was to Psycho Suzie's Motorlodge for lunch.



This is all done in a tiki bar theme, with outdoor seating along the river.  It was very fun and the food was tasty.

Then it was off to the Walker Art Center.



  They are having a special event currently where you can play mini-golf on the artist designed course and then get a free ticket to the museum.  

The sculpture garden is outdoors and free as well.  So we had a lot of ground to cover.






There was an hour and a half wait for the mini golf, but we were able to use our tickets to access the center in advance of the play, so it worked out perfectly. This center has pop art, so it was a far cry from the last museum we visited.




Wouldn't this make the best jigsaw puzzle!



Being a dollmaker in my past, I couldn't resist this life sized doll.  I have to admit though, I did better hands.

Loved this archway in the gardens.
On our way back we meandered through the conservatory.



We still had a bit of a wait, so we took advantage of the comfy outdoor seating available.



Apparently we'd tired Emily out.  I threatened to Photoshop in some drool, but decided to be kind instead.



The course was very cute with fun obstacles to work around.







Afterwards the kids wanted to go to Izzy's for ice cream.  Hmmmm...another theme here.  We seem to always end with ice cream.

After dropping them off we were too tired to do the shopping and I almost skipped pickleball that night, but forced (smile) myself to to.  

Long Live the Queen 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who's keeping whom busy on these dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fabulous day outing with the grandkids. Did you really have to force yourself to play pickleball later? haha. Pogo and I are going furniture shopping this morning. We were all set to go and I thought to go online to check the store hours for today. Oops! They don't open till 11 am on Sundays. so we are just lazing about to kill another hour before leaving. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete