Sunday, January 25, 2015

Views of Carriage Manor

I love this area of Arizona, there's nice shopping and places to visit, things to see and people to meet.


Here some images of the park we are staying in to give you a feel for where we're currently calling home.

Our new digs
My new bird feeding station

The front entrance greets you with the water fountains, a new addition in the last time I was here.



My favorite spot, of course, is the pickleball courts.  They have added the bleachers and shade covers since my last visit. There's a bulletin board and clock, the only thing missing would be a porta-potty.....after all, we are old people.


The pool is always nice, and I need to get in here for the water volleyball one of these days.


The dog park is huge with different times for small dogs and big dogs. 

No dogs are allowed to be walked within the park, so there is always a clever arrangement of getting the dogs to the park to go potty.  I had planned to walk Gracie here and start a mutiny, but the rules now say "pets" instead of dogs.  Rats.

big dog on the bottom, tiny dog on the top...works well for everyone

They have a lunch each day at the patio by the poolside.


There are so many activities here, it would be hard to ever find yourself bored.  There's rooms for music, choir, computer lab, lapidary, crafts, sewing and probably some I've forgotten already.  Here is the sewing room. I remember having my roll of batting hanging from the ceiling in my old studio.


They also have tennis courts and shuffle board.




It's always fun to walk around and see how people have decorated their homes.



And last of all, there's the cactus - I love the saguaro the most and there are a lot of them here in the park.




Long Live the Queen of Carriage Manor

6 comments:

  1. looks like a big place with LOTS of amenities! i'd hang around for a while, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Arizona. I think it would be an intetesting place to live.
    I hope to be back here soon. Healing is very slow, lots of pain. Broken, displaced ribs affect everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Arizona. I think it would be an intetesting place to live.
    I hope to be back here soon. Healing is very slow, lots of pain. Broken, displaced ribs affect everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks like such a beautiful place to live. I'd have a hard time leaving it behind. Best of all, there's sunshine with no snow! We are expecting 2 to 3 feet of snow starting this afternoon and not stopping until sometime Wednesday. Oh goodie!! I can handle the 4 to 6 inches stuff, but I'm not really crazy about a few feet all at once. Oh well, we are a hardy lot and will get through this.

    We have plenty of whatever we will need (I hope) and I just hired us a snow plow to come in every 6 or 8 inches to clear out the driveway. Our drive way is huge, with parking for at least eight vehicles. Every time the plow comes, we have to move all the cars out to the street so that the whole area can be cleaned. It's a bit of work, but it saves us from shoveling.

    I love your flag hanging from the RV. I've been telling lots of cat folks about your kitty tunnels and hi-rise. Joe bought a small indoor tunnel for our kitties. So far, they don't play too much with it. Oh well.

    Enjoy your beautiful park, and have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like they thought of everything. So how is the daily charge since I am sure it's not $10/day. You should take advantage of all the amenities. WINK, Wink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete