Sunday, June 17, 2018

Minnesota Garage Sales

It was a week of reconnecting with Carriage Manor lately.
I had supper with Bob and Dee VanDriel one night, played pickleball with Gary and Lois Payment the next day and then went lunch and a garage sale with Jan Choromanski.

When Jan saw my Facebook post about my gardens she knew she had to introduce me to her friend Linda.  Boy was she right!  Linda and I were definitely kindred spirits sharing a love of gardens, art and crafts.  I came home with several fun finds to adorn my new garden sanctuary.

This is the fun cat and bird sculpture that moves with the breeze, this way neither the cat or the bird maintains the upper hand.






This water faucet on a stake just begged to be placed by my birdbath.  Linda loves old rusty stuff just like me and obviously shares my sense of humor.




I had already added a sign to one of my trellises, so when I spotted this exit sign it not only provided whimsy but a splash of color.




I really had no purpose for this metal headboard, but had to have it.  And good thing too because it makes a nice accent to the hostas I added by the parking area. I also got the rusty metal fairy house at her rummage sale, but it doesn't show up well in the photo.



As a retired dollmaker I couldn't resist this little head, so he's now tucked beneath a fern.



Did I need yet another flying pig?  Why am I so attracted to these swine objects of art?  Oh well, he's very cute here and looks like he may be related to the other one in the back.  Oh yeah, and then I have the purple pig by the shed.  Now I'm hungry for bacon.







I also purchased many hostas from her, many of which I could divide immediately.  This will help my garden fill in quickly.

Long Live the Queen




1 comment:

  1. Wow, such wonderful treasures you found at the yard sale. I just adore the bird and cat thingee. And the faucet by the birdbath is fantastic. I never would have thought of that. Your garden is looking really great. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete