Sunday, June 24, 2018

Discovering the area around us

We were feeling the need to see a movie and decided to try the one in St Michael, near our park.

OMG!  The lobby is done in a Parisian theme, right down to the people dishing up the popcorn wearing French berets.



The prices were great, with free refills on ANY size of popcorn and they use real butter.  The seats were comfy and the screen is 70' wide.  We may have to sit further back than we are accustomed next time.

They also have an upstairs area with restaurant and bar where they host many different live performances.  I was bummed to find out Monroe Crossing was there just a few days ago and we missed them.  They are a delightful bluegrass group that we enjoy.



But!  They have a Patsy Cline tribute coming up in July and I went online as soon as we were home to get tickets.  I sing a lot of her songs in karaoke so was excited to hear about this event.

There is so much to do in the Minneapolis area that you could be busy every night of the week.  Carol Burnett (another of my favorite people) was performing this weekend and I missed out on it.  So much to do!

I'm trying to do a better job of watching for events in the area and getting them on my calendar.

Long Live the Queen of Entertainment

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Patsy Cline is one of my all time favorites. And, I love Carol Burnett. Gosh, I'm almost drooling here! That theatre and restaurant sound absolutely devine. I can't wait to hear about the Patsy Cline tribute evening. Enjoy it. You have a super evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete