Monday, June 11, 2018

Happy Birthday Christy

Christy is my oldest daughter and was turning 51.  That's right, I had her when I was 12.  No, actually she is the best friend of my step-daughter and I've adopted her, making her my oldest child in my new family. She's the one in the center of the photo.  She had given me the "Ya Sure, You Betcha" shirt for my birthday last year, so I just had to wear it for this event.


Stephanie (now the baby in our family with my son becoming a middle child) set up a surprise party for her and we gathered at The Lookout for supper and celebration.  

You know I love someone when I leave the house after 4:00 to go anywhere, since I tend to be a homebody in the late afternoon and evening.  We ended up going to Tracy's house for cake afterwards and I didn't leave there until 9:00 ...gasp!

The place was crowded and tables at a  premium, but luckily my granddaughter works there and had secured a table for us earlier.

It was a sweet celebration and I gave the gift of a punch card for pickleball at the Andover Community Center since she had become addicted to the sport earlier.  I'll get this family all playing yet!

We had the funniest waitress during our stay who told us the story of her several rescue dogs.  One of them would turn and look over her shoulder when she pooped on the floor because she didn't get let out soon enough as if to say "sorry, but this is your fault".  We requested her to reenact for the photo.


There is no better time than when women come together to talk, share and laugh.

Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Christie. I have a few family members like that and I love them dearly. I just love your shirt. Whenever little Pogo has an accident and leaves a cookie or two on the floor, he comes right over to me and just about glues himself to my ankle. Eventually I get the hint and go looking for these little gifts. Then I give him a hug and a pat and he's a happy little camper.

    You ladies had a wonderful time. And yes, it's good when we all come together to talk, share and laugh. You have a great day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete