Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Whole 30 meals

When people ask about this Whole 30 diet and I explain that I can't have any alcohol, sugar, dairy, grains or legumes they ask "what CAN you eat?"

There's actually a great deal that can be eaten on this diet, it just takes more planning and cooking.  Let's just say I don't eat out much any more.

Here are some of my favorite new recipes.

This is the Thai Red Beef Curry.  It uses cheap charcoal steak that is cooked for 7 to 8 hours in the crock pot and is soooo yummy.


For a fish meal I cooked this coconut crusted fish with veggies.  It's just cod topped with a mixture of almond meal, unsweetened flaked coconut, shallots and coconut oil.  I baked it in my nuwave oven and it couldn't have been any easier to prepare and is so flavorful.


I always have a bowl of salad ready to go for a quick meal, including for breakfast.  This is the Napa slaw, the first salad I fixed up from my cookbook. It's so fresh and crunchy.


I'm finding that I really appreciate the flavors of the foods now that the sugar has been eliminated.  Everything tastes so fresh and vibrant.

I spend a lot more time in the kitchen these days, but on my "prep" days when I'm slicing and dicing and getting stuff ready for the week I just put on some of my favorite music and dance around while I work, or I pick something to watch on my TV in the kitchen. 

Life is good.

Long Live the Queen of the Whole 30 Diet

1 comment:

  1. Those meals look delicious! Sad to say, this diet takes out all my favorite foods, so I probably wouldn't as well on it. I give you lots of credit for being able to work within it's constrictions. You are very creative in coming up with tasty meals.

    I'm waiting for the cable company to get here and install a new cable box so that I can once again enjoy some of my favorite TV programs. You have an awesome day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete