Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Visiting Old Friends

It's not often that Marti and I get to meet up, but when we do we take advantage of it.

She and her husband had rented the cutest little cottage for the month of July, and since I had to go back to the area for a doctor appointment it provided me with a place to crash for the night.

Here's my bedroom...I fell in love with it instantly.


The weather was nice, so we spent some time sitting in the "outdoor kitchen", which is a covered porch decorated with this great old cast iron stove and all sorts of things from the past.





They also had a little sun room to enjoy.



The entire place was tastefully decorated with items from the past and lots of books antique cameras.



After I left her house in the morning I did some wandering before I went home.  After a shopping trip in Woodman's for some gluten free items I went to Barnes & Noble.  Here I found the next version of "How Can That Be Gluten Free", so naturally I bought it.  It also gave me a chance to visit Jonathan, a friend of mine that does a lot of theater work.

After glancing at the book for a bit I realized I needed to purchase some "teff" flour, so went over to Festival Foods to pick up that.  Now I'm ready to move on.

I made a brief stop in Winona to meet up with my pickleball group who was celebrating Bill's 75th birthday.  He said he wanted a six pack for his birthday, and since he is known for always having a banana with him, he was presented with a six pack...of bananas.  I was trying to wrestle one away from him when they snapped this photo.



And then there was one last stop in Lake City on the way back to the campground when my eyes spotted a sign that proclaimed "FABRIC".  I wandered about the quilt shop for a bit and picked up a couple of things that struck my fancy and then I really did have to boogie as I promised Left Brain I'd be home for supper.  

Long Live the Wandering Queen


5 comments:

  1. It was so nice having you visit and it gave us lots of time to "catch up'. Til next time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have joined you for lunch. I miss your zaniness, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew you were coming so you could "walk" two blocks and we could have had a short visit. Marti and I "played" on Saturday...did she tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are g about! My pond/garden always open. You can wander anonymously anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful bedroom! Such a comfy looking cottage. You pack a lot of life into your days. I think that's wonderful. Keep having fun my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete