Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tomato and Zucchini Tart

The internet is actually allowing me to finally check email and catch up on blogs.  So I'll post this quickly in case it dies again.

Zucchini and yellow squash have become one of my favorite vegetables lately.  They are so versatile and easy to cook.

This tart looked very fancy schmancy and it gave me an excuse to buy a tart pan.



It actually tasted okay, but was so showy in its presentation that it was worth all the work involved.

The filling portion is pureed cashews combined with some lemon juice, basil and oregano, since Paleo doesn't allow cheese.  We had some roma tomatoes that weren't that great by themselves, so it was nice to have a use for them in this dish.

The finishing touch was to drizzle some minced garlic and olive oil over the top before presenting.

My friend Marti would be so proud of me for all the effort put into these creations.

Long Live the Queen of Tarts 

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you! I am speechless................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are becoming quite the gourmet cook! I would miss the cheese though. I am very proud of you too! Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete