Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Arizona Visitors

Photo credit goes to Christy Grigor
It has been far too long since my last blog and it's time to get going.

I recently had a lovely visit from my daughters, Stephanie and Christy.  It's so nice to have both of these girls to call my own and not having had to give birth to either one.  They came for a short visit in a man free zone to do what we girls do best...talk.

During the stay I knew I needed to have them connect with Sandy and Paul next door since they are such a big part of my life.  As you can see Jax and I have a special relationship.


Paul is quite the grill master and they invited us over for supper and we had the most mouthwatering chicken I've ever enjoyed.




We even managed to get in one game of pickleball with my friends here in the park before they left.  This was the first time Christy has held a paddle in her hand and she did amazingly well.

One of my many highlights on this trip was introducing Christy to the land I love and it was clear she was smitten by the beauty of the desert as much as I was.





We took a trip up to Tortilla Flat so she could experience the diversity of terrain as we wove our way up the mountain to have lunch.  




The beauty of this time of year is that there was plenty of parking and absolutely no wait for a table at all, but that will be changing in another month or two as the snowbirds fly back for the winter.




Long Live the Queen of the Desert

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what awesome photos. Your daughters look lovely. I'm so glad you had this time to spend with both of them. Mother Daughter outings are really special. I'm also so glad to hear from you. I've been missing your smile and your humor. That little doggie in one of the photos (I think it's a doggie) is simply beautiful.

    So good to hear that Pete will be there soon. Enjoy your last few days being alone. I used to love my alone time on the years that hubby went to spend a few weeks with his Mother. But it was always nice when he got home again.

    You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete