Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Day With Family

Our family had a need to vacate their temporary housing recently, so they headed our way for the day.

We started out by trying to play pickleball in a heady wind, which didn't go too well.

After we gave that up, we took them to our new favorite place...Smokey's Pub and Grill.

Steph and I shared a rack of ribs, needless to say there were some left over.


And don't even get me started on the onion rings!  I've never seen anything quite as huge as these bad boys.


Steph shared the photo they took at the Minnesota State Fair at the pork booth.  As you can see, these are some bacon munching pork loving people...so I guess we picked the right place for lunch.


After lunch we returned to the RV for some cribbage while the teenagers chilled out and took a short snooze.

I was able to show Steph how well her plants are doing in their foster garden.  They will remain here until spring when we can come and retrieve them for her garden.  I figure she has plenty to keep her busy with moving into the new place mid September...the gardens will wait until spring when I return and can assist her.  It's nice to be able to share my gardening knowledge and get another generation started in my passion.

Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, those onion rings look awesome!!!!! Enjoy and have a super day with your family. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete