Friday, January 22, 2016

Tastee Treat

I'm nostalgic about this kind of architecture, from a simpler time and place in my childhood.



On the side of the building it proudly proclaims you have a choice of six flavors.  That was a lot of options back in the day!



Here is the shot of the building as it stands, but I couldn't stand all those nasty poles and wires, so I tried to tidy it up via the magic of Photoshop.  Not a very clean job, but after posterizing it to hide the major flaws it was good enough for the web.



This is a short distance from where we live, just around the corner from the recreation center where I play pickleball.

Have I visited this establishment?  Nope.  I much prefer a Dairy Queen blizzard instead.

Long Live the Queen of Nostagia

2 comments:

  1. I love this! My Grampy always took us to Tastee Freeze in Chicago, circa 1960s.
    The next time you are here, we are going to Dairy Queen, Sister! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this old architecture too. We stopped at one of these last year. It wasn't bad, but I agree. nothing takes the place of Dairy Queen. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete