Saturday, July 11, 2020

A Tale of Two Arbors

After extending the garden by the shed I wanted to add another arbor so there was a beginning and ending to my garden path.

This lovely white arbor caught my eye and it looked so pretty I ordered it without giving it a lot of thought.  Twitchy impulse fingers.


The assembly was absolutely awful and took forever using a lot of tools, glue and several creative curse words.

Once it was up it just didn't suit my garden.  Too white and the materials were not well-suited to growing vines, which is the whole idea.  Thankfully my daughter was wanting such a thing for the side of her house and took it off my hands.

The second one is exactly like the one at the other side of the yard and works much better.  Plus it was much nicer to assemble.  Thank you Menards!


I planted a Virginia creeper  that has variegated leaves on one side, hoping to cover it quickly.  I want to add some clematis next year also.  I transplanted the red climbing rose to the other side which will give it more sun.

Long Live the Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment