Monday, August 12, 2019

The back of the shed

This is the area I'm most excited about. The back of the shed had a small platform that I didn't know what to do with.  So I had Left Brain build up the sides to create a raised bed and drill some holes in the base for drainage.

After hauling in seven bags of good soil I was ready to begin my new project.



My cousin, Anne, found the cool vintage sink on Craigslist for free and picked it up for me.  Left Brain and I broke it during the initial installation but it's all glued back together and re-situated.  She had a sink in her garden and I loved the look so had to copy it.


The door came from the ReStore and Left Brain painted them blue for me to use as a pop of color for this area.  I planted the grasses on the sides to soften the edges.

It's fun to tuck in little surprises like this over-sized Jacks.


And this cute little metal flying piggy bank.


This garden area has been a lot of fun and has caused  a steady parade of people driving by to take a look.

Long Live the Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment