Monday, August 12, 2019

Minnesota Gardening

I've been busy digging in the dirt here in Minnesota because, well...because I can.  There is no yard in Arizona to speak of other than my cactus gardens, so it's fun to putter around in the soil up here.

With our tree filled lot it's not easy to dig up a new garden bed.  In fact it's often necessary to use a shovel, an ax and pruners to cut through enough roots to make a small hole.

It's hard to imagine that three years ago this was a creeping Charley infested mess with no grass to speak up. Just some sketchy dirt here and there among the weeds.



But some of my new projects involved raised beds so the soil is lovely.  The hard part was buying it and carrying it home. Those bags are insanely heavy.

I had hoped to install a screen house this year, but there's just no space for it with the trees.  Oh well, at least George & Gracie have a screen house.



Over the next few posts I'll share each new garden with you.


Long Live the Queen

2 comments:

  1. You've made your yard really lovely. You have the gift of a green thumb my friend. I'll bet it feels really good to be puttering in the garden. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete