Thursday, July 4, 2019

Going Home

The original plan was to stay six weeks and do all kinds of things while alone.  I did get a fair amount of stuff done, but I find myself homesick.  Which is strange because technically I am "home" but I'm feeling pretty alone.

I've been working too hard to accomplish things and not spending enough time on the other fun things I had planned.  

All in my control, but nevertheless it's how it's been going.

Did I mention it's really hot here?  My neighbors have all taken off for their mountain retreats and I have nobody to play with.

I'm finding myself eating too much sugar to comfort my feelings of loneliness and this has caused some wild mood fluctuations and depression.

So, I cancelled my Pilates classes, allergy test, tickets for a show at the Silver Star theater and booked a flight home on the 13th of July.  About a month earlier than expected.

The Pilates Club was understanding and I was within my grace period so I was able to cancel my contract.  They were very wonderful about it.  

The allergy test has been rescheduled for October 31st.  I told them I'd come dressed for Halloween as a patient.  This is a long half day test to see if I really am allergic to penicillin, something I've never been completely sure about.

Since I cancelled my show tickets early enough I will have a voucher for another show during the season.

The only thing that has kept me here is that the patio door installation is booked for the 10th and I want to see that through.  I almost arranged to fly out that same afternoon but didn't in case they came late, run into difficulty or whatever...just to be safe.

I've told Left Brain that I miss George & Gracie so much and can't function without a cat on my lap.  It's actually him I miss but don't anyone tell him that. I don't want people to think I've gone soft.

I'll be heading to the mountains on Friday to visit Sandy & Paul and stay with Vicki.  If I can't bring my friends on the mountain to me, I'll bring me to the mountain.  I understand I'm to pack my cowboy boots for a rodeo that evening.  This group knows how to have a good time.  

It will be good to be with "my people" until I can be home with my husband and cats.

Long Live the Queen of "You CAN Go Home Again"




1 comment:

  1. One day without Pogo is one day too many for me. I'm lonely without him. Believe it or not, you are still finding yourself (even if you don't realize it). I won't breathe a word to Left Brain. I know just what you mean. Be with your family and be happy my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    p.s. Just don't stop writing. I miss you when you are not here.

    ReplyDelete