Saturday, May 2, 2020

More tote bags

Once I got my supply of Pellon replenished I started making some larger tote bags.  I had four of them all cut out and ready to go.  When I started the first one I realized I had cut them the wrong sizes so the first one came out a bit wonky, but I still like it.


I wasn't about to waste this great cowboy fabric; so, I had to add to the sides of the largest bag in order to make it work. 


I kind of like the way the addition made a decorative side. Sometimes the best things are those unplanned.

It's a nice large size and Left Brain is using the cat bags (coming up next) for his trip north, but didn't seem to want to use the cowboys...I don't know why.

I had to rip out the cat panels and add to the sides to make it work, lot of hassle, but at least I was able to finish them.  I'd had these panels for a long time and wanted to do something special with them. The trio of cats look like George in the middle and Gracie on the right.  The bag on the left could be George in drag.


Unfortunately the words ended up underneath the bags, but at least the cats are visible.



Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. Your bags are beautiful. You should be selling them on Etsy. One of these days, I want to get back to some sewing too. You stay safe and have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete