Saturday, April 4, 2020

Who was that masked woman?




We decided to start using face masks when out to the store.  It seems to be something many are opting to do; and so another sewing project was created.  It's yet another way to use up those smaller pieces of fabric that seem to keep growing in my stash.




I found a  very complicated pattern online and then found this much easier one.  Luckily I had some 1/8" elastic in my supply box since this is getting to be as hard to find as toilet paper. I made as many as I could until I ran out of elastic.

Elastic has become the new Toilet Paper - you can't find it anywhere.  I called JoAnn's and they said they had it, but it would be gone before I got there. There was a line waiting to get in as they only allow ten people at a time in the store.

Then I thought I'd be clever and order some online.  Found some for 99 cents and free shipping on E bay.  Whoohoo!  Ordered it and then saw it was coming from China and would arrive mid June.  Found other options in Amazon, but it wouldn't arrive until after May 22nd.

I plan to wear my mask and hit JoAnn's early in the morning to see what they might have. 

They're fun and easy to make and I found that the batiks are a nice heavy material for this purpose.  I figure we might as well be stylish when we venture out.

Long Live the Queen

2 comments:

  1. Great way to use up scraps! Love the batik ones. They match my purse! So good of you to do this!

    ReplyDelete