Thursday, April 2, 2020

My my my...corona

Well, it's been a long time since I've written in my blog. Mainly because I'd been so busy with being on the board of directors, playing pickleball, playing water volleyball, working in the Activity Office and overseeing the Patio Grill.  But that all came to a screeching halt with the arrival of the corona virus.

Suddenly I was thrust into a strange new world where things started to shut down bit by bit until the whole world seems to have come to a standstill.  The irony that my plantar fascitis was just starting to allow me to play pickleball again when the courts closed proves that G-d has a wicked sense of humor.

Since my blog is called "Life in a Canned Ham", it seemed appropriate to examine how life really is INSIDE my sweet little tin-dominium.  How does a couple cohabitate in 700 square feet? Well, we're about to find out during this "stay-at-home" order for Arizona for the month of April.

Oddly, Left Brain and I have both felt like the hours and days fly by quickly...even without anything to do.  He goes for his bike rides, motorcycle rides and convertible rides for his outings.  I've been very comfortable staying inside and playing with my sewing.  While I mourn the tragedy of all the lives in peril and people suffering I can't help wonder if the world hasn't needed a major reset like this. 

To pass the time of day, I dragged out the sewing machine and started working on some things. My first project was making baby burp pads.



No, Left Brain and I are not expecting.  A man in our Creative Stitchers group collects baby items for the families of those in the military.  I found a nice pattern online and proceeded to use up left over quilt blocks and scraps to make a bunch of these.  Of course, I had help as you can see below.



Having this down time has also allowed me to clean out some closets and shelves and get things organized. However, overall I'm finding that cleaning is no higher on my list of things to do than when I was busy.

Long live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you ... cleaning isn't any higher on my too do list than it was before. Grrr… plantar fasciitis has interfered with my life as well. I just started walking again and trying to build up my distance. Stay safe and healthy. We hope to leave Phx for Hayward, WI some time in June - fingers crossed. - Ingrid

    ReplyDelete