Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Little Tote Bags

One of my favorite things to make are these little tote bags. They are a nice size for carrying a few things to meetings, in the car and such.



I had a bunch of the material cut out and packaged ready to go from the last time I worked on them, so it was full steam ahead!

Pretty soon I ran out of the Pellon for the inserts and that project came to a halt. So it was off to JoAnn's for supplies.

With their new social distancing policy only ten people are allowed in the store at a time.  So, I arrived at 9:30 and stood with the others in my early group for half  an hour.

The first thing was the rush to the cutting table for elastic.  I was told they'd only give you one package...but they didn't have any to give.  So I went in search of the Pellon needed and was prepared to purchase the entire 10 yard bolt but there was a two yard limit.  Apparently interfacing is used in some of the masks people are making, but this would be too heavy for that.  But...I didn't want to argue, these people are working hard in this strange time to accommodate people.

There is a wonderful woman in our park who is making and giving away masks and I went to see what hers looked like.  They were much more time consuming than what I was doing and she had a list of about 60 people waiting for masks from her.  It's amazing how many she's done for our residents.

Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. Your bags are beautiful. I like the Coke one the best of these two. Lots of folks have been busy making masks for essential workers. I think it's great how folks are helping folks. Enjoy your day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete