Monday, January 29, 2018

Sunday Summary January 28 2018

Last Saturday we went to see "The Post" with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks.  This was a marvelous movie and spoke of the courage of journalists as they share the news stories of our times.

Sunday was a quiet day, which I've learned to savor.  We went to theTex Mex event for supper and watched the Viking game on the big screen in the ballroom and finished watching them lose another chance at the SuperBowl at home.

Monday we had a breakfast special at the patio grille and I got called in to work in the kitchen.  We served 167 people that morning, biggest crowd I've ever seen. It took an hour for us to get our food...it was much bigger than they expected.  At noon I went to work in activity office, a job I've also come to love.



Tuesday meant shopping with my friend Sandy and then having some Indian food for lunch.  Later that night Left Brain and I went to see a performance by Jeanne Robertson, one of my favorite comediennes.  She was performing at another park nearby.  Finally...another item checked off my bucket list.  Here's a clip of the act she did that night, one of my favorites.



Wednesday morning is always coffee and donuts in the ballroom, another favorite ritual of mine.  It's not just the sugar either, I love visiting with everyone and singing my announcements.  I did that once as a joke and now they've come to expect it.  It's always silly and fun.

Thursday I got called into work the kitchen again in the morning.  I was able to join the water volleyball group at noon for a couple of hours of laughing and splashing.

Friday was "ladder play", kind of a weekly mini tournament we have in the park.  You take your cumulative score for the three games and move up and down "the ladder" depending on your ranking. Later that afternoon I went to Leisure World (a neighboring resort) and met one of my new partners for an upcoming tournament.  While playing with her, I also met her other partner and really enjoyed playing with her and hope to join her in future tournaments.

Saturday I attended the Lady's Luncheon, something I've never done before.  This involved shaving legs, putting on a dress and wearing a bra.  Not something I usually embrace, but it was fun getting to know some new people that I sat with that day.  The men all have pretend tuxedos on and serve the meals to us.

Sunday I played with a bunch of people I'd invited from other parks over to our pickleball courts.  It was terribly windy, unusual for us here in Arizona and made playing difficult, but we still had a good time and I met some new players.

When I returned from playing our house guest, Larry, had arrived so I got to visit with him and Left Brain.  It's so nice to have guests because the house gets a thorough cleaning and I do some cooking.

It's amazing to me how fast the days fly by and soon January will be over and a new month will begin.

Long Live the Queen

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, you look awesome!!! Gosh, such a busy life you lead. But I guess that's what is keeping you so young and vital. Arizona definitely agrees with you. Here's hoping that this week will be as super as the past week. You have a great day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video and continue to read the books by Berne Brown. Thank you for your help in this process of 'finding myself'. I hope all continues to go well for you.

    ReplyDelete