Friday, June 5, 2020

Love Your Neighbor

It's only three words, but so hard to do.  We have a person in our neighborhood that has some challenges and makes it very difficult indeed.




He's on medication that makes him go a bit crazy and he doesn't always make good decisions.  Many of the women in the park are fearful of him due to his bizarre behavior, such as spraying the hose on the side of their house in the wee hours of the morning.

When he introduced himself to me he was very nice and my theory is always to be nice to those who are nice to me.  

Last night I asked Pete to mute the TV so I could ascertain if what I was hearing were gunshots.  It sounded like a low caliber, but still.  Then there were several in a row.  Gunshots within hearing distance always is scary to me, especially since we had once lived near a man who committed suicide in his RV. 

It turns out this guy was throwing firecrackers at the geese to keep them from his yard.  We live on the banks of the Mississippi so to me this is a given if your house is right on the river.  Seemed like those that complain about the noise of the airplanes when they buy a house next to the airport. 

Tonight I asked him to mute the TV so I could make out what was going on as I could hear loud voices.  Yup, a fight was about to break out and I watched the next door neighbor get into it with him with some shoving.

Left Brain is on the Rules Committee, so he ran out the door to intervene .  He's a very patient man and a good person to diffuse the situation.  I didn't see any kind of weapon.

Our park is an HOA and the board has been dealing with the issue of this man for some time.  It may come to having to revoke his membership, which means he can only come on the property to sell his property.  That scares me because of the volatile nature, but we'll take it day by day.

Ok, the police just pulled up.  That should quiet things down a bit.

Long Live the Peace Loving Queen

2 comments:

  1. Not a good situation. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this gets worked out safely. I hope none of the geese got hurt. Hopefully, things will quiet down a bit now. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete