Saturday, June 29, 2019

Day one of The Plan - June 27

Thursday was my first day to start to tackle my new plan.  I woke at 5:30 am and hit the ground running.  The day started with two slices of Ezekial Bread with cashew butter for breakfast.  I spent the morning doing some cleaning - scraping cat fur off their cat tree and vacuuming the main area.  The Arizona room will have to wait since I'll be living mostly in the main part of the house.  Partly because it's cooler in here but mainly just because I love this area.

I dragged one of the recliners into the Arizona room for now as I decided to just have one recliner in the main area.  When we watch TV together we're in the Arizona room and I want this area to just be more "my space". The bookshelf is in this room now for the printer and other electronic gadgets to keep as much open space on the kitchen counter as possible.



Then it was off to the stores to do some shopping!

First stop was Lowe's where I asked for an appointment to get an estimate on replacing the carpet on our deck with composite material.  I looked at the choices while at the store and fell in love with a lovely gray Trex.  This color won't show the dust and dirt as much as a dark floor would and will look great when the house is painted gray.

Then I bought my drapery rods for the patio door and the large window in the Arizona room.  The blinds will be offered up to anyone that wants them and drapes with large grommets will take their place.  This will make it easier to open and close the windows instead of the pull vertical blinds.

Then I went to Home Depot to browse and bought a glass door knob for my pantry door.  I'm on a mission to eradicate all the brassy gold from my house.  I found some brushed nickel hardware for the bedroom cabinets and drawers as well.  It was so much cheaper to buy the contractor package since I needed quite a few.  During my cleaning spree in the storage area I found some silver hinges and have just enough for what I want to do in the bedroom.

 I picked up some paint samples to see what the dining room hutch might look like painted a deep turquoise color.  The colors in this room seem to be predominately turquoise and buttercup yellow.  I love the jewel tones and these colors create my "happy place".

Then it was off to Ross, one of my favorite haunts that Sandy Stack introduced me to.  I found some drapery panels with the large grommets that I think will work nicely.  Also picked up some more plastic kitchen bins because they are so handy in the cupboards and fridge.  I just LOVE to organize!

I found a larger kitchen utensil bin since mine was pretty crowded.  Much nicer!  I also scored some pretty turquoise sheets and bath towels...just because they were pretty.

Then just for fun I bought a spiral curling iron and some foam rollers to play with now that my hair is getting longer.

Well, since Bed Bath & Beyond is right next door it just made sense to go on in.  

I picked up two 18" plastic turntables for the weird corner cabinet and they just fit.  Now the vinegar are on one level and the oils on another.  

There was room left over for our Yeti cups, prep bowls, measuring cups, etc.



By now it was getting close to 1:30 and I was hungry so I meandered down the line to Panera where I indulged in my favorite new soup..the Summer Corn Chowder.  It is SO good.  I tried making it before I left Minnesota and Left Brain liked it, but it just wasn't right for me.  I've located a recipe online that looks closer to what it should be.  Yes, Left Brain, I think was the cilantro we were tasting.  I'll be experimenting down here.  They also had a ten vegetable soup that I need to try since we are newly founded vegetarians.

On the way home from my shopping excursion I stopped at Fry's to pick up a few things to tide me over.  I got some precut watermelon chunks, some salad kits, bananas and onion bagels.  The chopped Greek salad kit was my supper that night and it was amazing.

By the time nightfall came my body was aching and sore.  I manged to crawl to the hot tub and pool about 8:30 and soaked for an hour while chatting with some of the ladies there.

I went to bed about 9:30 so I could get an early start the next day, but I hurt so much I couldn't sleep.  So I got back up, took two Aleve (I usually just take one) and read until it started to kick in.  I guess I kind of over did it.  But the results were nice.

Long Live the Achy Breaky Queen

2 comments:

  1. Be afraid, Left Brain, be very afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You certainly got a lot accomplished in one outing. I can't wait to see some of your designing results. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete